The links here are no longer being updated, see our new post for a current list:
This page remains to provide a historical record.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Due to spam comments many sites add the nofollow tag to comments. For many years the nofollow tag has been the default in WordPress (you have to use a plugin to revert back to the original style where comment author links were not flagged as untrusted). With the nofollow tag Google (and Moz) do not give the link value.
Here is a list of blogs that moderate their comments and provide dofollow links giving those that contribute worthwhile comments the benefit of being considered real links by Google (and others). I will continue to keep this list updated.
- 5.8 (MozRank) Kikolani (Moz Page Authority (MPA) 58, Moz Spam Score (MSS) 4, CommentLuvDF*)
- 5.7 Curious Cat Science and Engineering blog (MPA 58, MSS 4)
- 5.7 I’m Just Sharing (MPA 47, MSS 3)
- 5.6 Successful Blogging (MPA 58, MSS 0, CommentLuvDF)
- 5.5 Keep Up with the Web (MPA 41, MSS 3, CommentLuvDF)
- 5.4 Internet Marketing Blog 101 (MPA 38, MSS 4, CommentLuvDF)
- 5.3 Improving Your Search Engine Ranking (MPA 33, MSS 3)
- 5.1 David Merrill 101 (MPA 40, MSS 2, CommentLuvDF)
- 5.1 Freelance Lifestyle, Finance and Entrepreneurship Blog (MPA 35, MSS 1)
- 5.4 Blondish (MPA 45, MSS 0, CommentLuvDF, popup)
- 5.5 You Baby Me Mummy (MPA 44, MSS 2, CommentLuvDF, publishes misleading RSS feed which includes many old blog posts)
- Start Biz, Quit Job (removed – dead domain)
Order of the list is based on MozRank with a penalty for using popups to interfere with visitors using the site. See the very bottom of this post for blogs that supposedly have dofollow comments but I have been unable to comment and my messages to them have not been answered.
Many of the best blogs that provide dofollow links require the use of your real name, a link to your home page or a blog that you obviously write, and comments that are valuable (not just meaningless drivel). They may also require numerous (normally between 3 to 10) approved comments before links become dofollow.
Unfortunately many people spam these blogs in an attempt to get dofollow links. That results in many of the blogs turning off dofollow links. Those that stay dollow are usually impatient with spamming low quality comments and remove poor quality links that are not personal blogs. If you comment, post valuable comments if you expect to get a dollow link, otherwise you are just contributing to the decline of blogs that provide dofollow links.
Why don’t I list 50 or 100 more that are nofollow, haven’t been used in years and where the domain was deleted? That doesn’t make sense to me. But, maybe I am crazy (so I explain my craziness here), since most other listings do that.
If you know of dofollow blogs with at least a 1 year track record and that has compelling posts (if it isn’t of high quality it will likely die so it isn’t worth adding just to have to remove it later) add a comment with the information on the blog.
* CommentLuvDF – they dofollow blog-post-title-link (usually only after between 3 to 10 approved comments) but not author link
These blogs don’t work for me (or often don’t work but work sometimes). Either:
- they don’t post my comments and don’t reply to my contact messages about why (if they decided to block them because they didn’t value the comment that would be fine, it is their blog – but most likely they have a spam filter that just trashes my comments) but do have some dofollow comments.
- they removed links to author’s blog (and comment luv post link) from comments that were made. It is their right to do so. But the links removed were links to personal blogs and if they are removing those links they don’t really fit in a list of dofollow blogs.
- or they delete (probably too aggressive spam filter but maybe manual action, there is no way to know) many comments without notice to the comment author.