Due to spam comments many sites add the nofollow tag to comments. For many years the nofollow tag has been the default in WordPress (you have to use a plugin to revert back to the original style where comment author links were not flagged as untrusted). With the nofollow tag Google (and Moz) do not give the link value.
Here is a list of blogs that moderate their comments and provide dofollow links giving those that contribute worthwhile comments the benefit of being considered real links by Google (and others). I will remove blogs that switch to being nofollow.
This list is up to date – unlike nearly every other source I find online (those lists I find online have very few blogs that are actually dofollow hidden in a huge list of nofollow blogs). I also don’t list blogs that are no longer actively updated. In case you wonder why this list is so short, those are the reasons why.
- 6.0 Curious Cat Science and Engineering blog (Moz Page Authority (MPA) 55, Moz Spam Score (MSS) 5, Alexa 525,000)
- 5.6 (MozRank) Kikolani (MPA 63, MSS 3, CommentLuvDF*, Alexa 298,000)
- 5.3 Improving Your Search Engine Ranking (MPA 33, MSS 3, Alexa 721,000)
- 5.2 Grow Map (MPA 58, MSS 0, CommentLuvDF, Alexa 308,000)
- 4.7 Freelance Lifestyle, Finance and Entrepreneurship Blog (MPA 31, MSS 0, Alexa 1,210,000)
- 4.6 Successful Blogging (MPA 44, MSS 0, CommentLuvDF, Alexa 205,000)
- 4.4 Elise Cohen Ho (MPA 43, MSS 1, CommentLuvDF, Alexa 1,247,000)
- 5.7 Wassup blog (MPA 51, MSS 2, CommentLuvDF, Alexa 999,000)
- 5.5 Power Affiliate Club (MPA 40, MSS 2, CommentLuvDF, Alexa 302,000)
- 5.3 Mandy Allen (MPA 42, MSS 0, Alexa 787,000)
- 4.6 Sherman Smith’s Blog (MPA 47, MSS 3, CommentLuvDF, Alexa 985,000)
Order of the list is based on MozRank but sites moved down for using popups to interfere with visitors using the site and other usability problems.
Many of the best blogs that provide dofollow links require the use of your real name, a link to your home page or a blog that you obviously write, and comments that are valuable (not just meaningless drivel “great post” etc., which are often just deleted). They may also require numerous (normally between 3 to 10) approved comments before links become dofollow.
Unfortunately many people spam these blogs in an attempt to get dofollow links. That results in many of the blogs turning off dofollow links. Those that stay dollow are usually impatient with spamming low quality comments and remove poor quality links that are not personal blogs. If you comment, post valuable comments if you expect to get a dollow link, otherwise you are just contributing to the decline of blogs that provide dofollow links.
I also have dofollow links to the blogs I list here (unless they have failed to post my comments without explanation – likely do to poorly performing spam filters, if they chose to delete the comments for not being the quality they expect and say that, it is fine). If you see a list without links (just listing text urls) you can be confident that it was not created with much care and skip it: just go find more reliable lists, which will have real links to the blogs.
If you know of a dofollow blog with at least a 1 year track record and that has compelling posts (if it isn’t of high quality it will likely die so it isn’t worth adding just to have to remove it later) add a comment with the information on the blog.
* CommentLuvDF – they dofollow blog-post-title-link (usually only after between 3 to 10 approved comments) but not author link